If you are attending the Tucson Gem Show from outside the United States, you may require a Business Visa to enter the United States. The JOGS Tucson Gem & Jewelry Show offers Visa Invitation Letters to legitimate intentional businesses in the Gem & Jewelry Show who will be attending the JOGS Show. International guests are recommended to start the Visa process as soon as possible as it can take weeks or months to acquire a Visa.
How to Apply for a Business Visa
If you apply for a B-1 visa, you must demonstrate to a consular officer that you qualify for a U.S. visa. The Immigration and Nationality Act presumes that every B-1 applicant to the United States is an intending immigrant. You must overcome this legal presumption by showing:
- That the purpose of your trip to the United States is for a temporary visit, such as attending the JOGS Show to conduct business
- That you plan to remain in the United States for a specific, limited period of time
- Evidence of funds to cover your expenses while in the United States
- That you have a residence outside the United States, as well as other binding social or economic ties, that will ensure your return abroad at the end of your visit
HOW TO: Buyers & Guests
- Fill out the online JOGS Visa Invitation Letter request form online. Make sure to include all relevant information and documents or your request will be denied. Once we receive your request, the JOGS Team will request payment for processing, and verify your documents. If your request is accepted, you will be sent a Visa Invitation Letter by email. The JOGS Show does not provide invitation letters by mail to buyers and guests, only email. Fill this form out separately for each person looking to attend the Show.
- Make an appointment for an interview at a U.S. Embassy in your country. Click here for a list of international embassies.
- Take the invitation letter to the interview along with your other relevant documents and present it to the visa officer as a proof of your purpose of visiting the United States.
HOW TO: Exhibitors
- Accepted exhibitors for the JOGS Show should fill out the Exhibitor Visa Invitation Request Form. Make sure to include all relevant information and documents or your request will be denied. Once we receive your request, the JOGS Team will request payment for processing, and verify your form. If your request is accepted, you will be sent a Visa Invitation Letter by email. The JOGS Show does not provide invitation letters by mail to buyers and guests, only email.
- Make an appointment at the U.S. Embassy. Click here for a list of international embassies.
- Choose a mail carrier: FedEx, UPS or USPS, FedEx and USPS are preferable choices. Provide detailed delivery address and pre-pay the shipping fees to JOGS International Exhibits, LLC (shipping fees vary based on the carrier rates). If you are already registered with any of the above mentioned carriers, you may provide us your account number to pay for the shipping directly using your account.
- After the payment is received the packet consisting a letter of invitation to the annual JOGS Tucson Gem and Jewelry Show and the invoice confirming your booth space at the show will be sent to the provided address. If you do not require a visa invitation to be mailed to you, you can request to receive a copy of your invitation letter by email.
- Take the invitation package to the interview and present it to the visa officer as a proof of your purpose of visiting the United States.
United States Business Visa Interview Tips
1. Prepare all necessary documents for your interview. Your packet should consist of passport, birth certificate, DS-160 confirmation page, proof of operating a valid business entity, income tax return, bank statements, marriage certificate (if applicable), visa invitation. If you have commercial and residential property registered under your name, stocks, bonds and other kinds of assets you might want to bring the proof of ownership of the above mentioned properties as well.
2. Arrive early, wear formal clothes as for the formal business meetings. If possible, men should wear a tie.
3. Make sure to show strong ties to your country and your intention to come back after the successful completion of your business trip.
4. When presenting the invitation explain to the officer your purpose for attending JOGS Tucson Show
About the JOGS Gem & Jewelry Show in Tucson, Arizona
The JOGS Tucson Gem and Jewelry Show is one of the U.S. best selling event year after year – and one of the top markets in the country. This exciting gem and jewelry show event draws buyers from all over the world – tens of thousands of qualified buyers worth millions with serious purchasing intent. Many of these buyers are hard to find and hard to reach but they will come to this event which is one of the most dynamic gift shows and markets in the world. They want new products, great prices, exciting artists, unique resources and innovative ideas they need to set their businesses apart.