At JOGS Events, the well-being of our staff, partners, and customers is our top priority. We work in close collaboration with the venue, our security vendors, state, local, and federal law enforcement authorities, as well as public health officials and advisors to identify potential risks, evaluate them, and create comprehensive safety and security plans for each event.
The policies and procedures outlined on this page are applicable to all individuals who participate in any JOGS event, including but not limited to exhibitors, attendees, speakers, guests, professionals, media, staff members, workers, contractors, vendors, and security personnel.
It is important for all event participants to familiarize themselves with the following procedures:
- Security personnel may approach you outside the event, at entry, or inside the event to offer assistance.
- You must wear the event ID badges/credentials that have been provided to you.
- Our events have a range of security measures and operational plans in place, including:
- Verification of badges/tickets
- Physical screening/bag checks
- Monitored and recorded security surveillance/CCTV
- Uniformed and covert security guards
- Crowd management/stewards, signage, and barriers, as necessary
- Security measures may involve the use of:
- Walkthrough or handheld scanners
- Uniformed and covert police officers
- Canine security and detection.
We kindly request that all event participants:
- Allow enough time to comply with entry requirements and remain patient and courteous while undergoing security checks.
- Monitor their own health in accordance with the health and safety acknowledgement.
- Keep personal belongings with them at all times and avoid leaving any items unattended. JOGS and the event organizers cannot be held responsible for lost or missing property.
- Report any unusual, suspicious, or out-of-place items or behavior to a member of security or event staff.
- Carry a recognized form of photo ID at all times.
- Follow all event policies, signage, and the instructions of event staff. Please note that operational adjustments may occur throughout the event.
- Respect the personal boundaries of fellow participants to ensure everyone can enjoy their time at the event.
- Dispose of their event badge inside the event or after returning home, rather than in bins immediately outside the event, on their final visit.